Aluminum Hull Construction
- Each aspect of construction, assembly, and components is evaluated for safety, a purpose of function and durability.
- Polaris RIB’s (Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats), depending on the series, are offered with either aluminum or fiberglass hulls.
- The mid-range 21’6 to 27’6 Neptune series are available with fiberglass hulls (as well as aluminum).
- Polaris tube sets are individually fabricated by hand with the highest quality neoprene Hypalon materials which are tested and approved for the construction of IMO certified Rescue Craft.
- Polaris tube sets are available as fully inflatable with several separate air chambers.
- Neptune series boats are available with the standard air holding tubes, or with foam cores in a standard round tube or with ‘D’ shaped cross-sections.
- As each Polaris boat is individually planned and accessorized from both our standard and proprietary options, we also take great care in considering the ergonomics (human factors) of the various components with respect to the forms and placements.
- Our goal is not only to offer high-quality constructions but to also optimize the well-being of personnel and the overall function and performance of the vessel.
- Both fiberglass and aluminum hulls are constructed to meet or exceed commercial vessel standards.
Fiberglass Hull Construction
Polaris fiberglass hulls are hand-laid in accordance with the highest industry standards.
The 5 M Polaris SOLAS Approved Rescue boats contain Class 1 Fire Retardant Resin.
Polaris tubes are built from Neoprene Hypalon® coated rubber fabric.
This fabric provides the utmost resistance to flexing and deterioration from heat, cold, ultraviolet rays and fuel. Some boats on the market use lesser weight fabrics of 460 to 860 Denier and still others use vinyl base coatings rather than rubber coated fabrics. The core of our fabric has a minimum weight polyester base of 1100 Denier. The 1670 Denier or 1880 Denier fabric is available for the larger commercial and heavy use boats.
STANDARD BOAT COLORS AND FABRIC WEIGHT
- 1100 Denier Neoprene/hypalon approved boat fabric
- 1670 Denier Neoprene/hypalon approved boat fabric
- Standard colors are those generally in stock: Arctic Grey, Orange, Red, Black
- Optional colors available (at additional cost) – the choices are: Blue, Yellow, Navy Blue
* Hypalon fabric is also now known in the industry as CSM.