The Rescue-boat as offered is the 5M Polaris 166R / Seamaster Board of Steamship Certification No.T.C.095-060-020. The rescue boat is supplied complete with Certificate of compliance and with the following features and items:
SPECIFICATIONS FOR POLARIS 5 M SOLAS APPROVED RESCUE BOAT
- Hull Type: Fiberglass (Fire-retardant resin)
- Self-Righting Frame
- Overall width: 6’6″
- Overall length: 16’6”
- Max HP: 75 / 56 kW
- Air Chambers: 5
- Number of Persons: 9
- Payload Capacity : 2500 Lbs / 1134 Kgs
- Built to Commercial Standards and Used by Professionals
Capacity: The Transport Canada approved capacity for the open Polaris rescue boat is 9 persons or 3 persons more than our competitor’s rescue boats of similar length. This offers a much greater level of stability and payload capability (33%).
Cone end protection: Launching, retrieving, beaching and obstacles may cause aft damage/wear. Polaris rescue-boats are fitted with extra protective layers onto the cone aft underside of the flotation collars…. as standard.
Tracking strips: These small additions provide substantially increased maneuverability at both low and high speeds. Precise maneuvering under adverse conditions is an essential element of rescue operations…. as standard.
Self-righting system: A mandatory item for all SOLAS approved rescue-boats that cannot be righted by 2 persons. A radar reflector is attached to the system.
Boat Cover: Custom fitted, quick release cover – covering boat when slung on davit.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDED WITH BASE BOAT:
- Tubes constructed of high quality neoprene/hypalon fabric
- 5 air chambers with flush mount valves and over-pressure relief valves
- Fiberglass Deep V hull with full deck – fire-retardant resin, orange
- Roll on non-slip deck surface
- Cone end tube underside overlay protection including tracking strips
- Full perimeter tube topside lacing cuff / lifeline retainer
- Fabric capped transom
- Formed aluminum transom bracket including structural knee supports
- Heavy duty, double full perimeter rub rail, 5” wide
- Inner hull drains / 2 high volume deck flood drains
- Trailering bow eye (1/2″ S.S. U-bolt)
- 2 stainless U-bolts facing aft for towing
- 4 stainless steel lifting points
- 5’ paddles stowed inboard within paddle retainers
- Retro-reflective tape
- High volume foot pump and factory repair kit
- Operations manual
Options considered most often:
Console / Seating:
- Inline 2 man skidoo console complete with the following:
- Forward compartment access hatch (electrical & battery access)
- 2 person upholstered saddle seat c/w hinged access bin
- Forward and aft console venting
- Hydraulic steering c/w good quality steering wheel.
Removable windshield: Complete with grab bar.
Towing Post: Towing post system provides less clutter than conventional tow post systems – remote steering only
Bow Box: Aluminum construction c/w powder coat paint, top opening lid & waterproof.
Rope Ladder: S.O.L.A.S required. Stored in a pouch for quick ‘Snap-On’ application and compact storage.
Keel Shoe: Full length, replaceable, 1/2″ thick nylon.
- Batteries (x2) – ‘Optima’ gel type c/w hold-down trays located within forward section of console. The system includes a 3 functions battery switch flush mounted through console side c/w cables and all wiring installed in compliance to the LSA code.
- 6 illuminated rocker switches – waterproof c/w in-line fuses.
- LED Position lights – (port / starboard) – LED Anchor light on self-righting frame
- LED deck lights –Installed to underside of self-righting frame, fused and switched at console.
- Accessory plug-in – 12 volt, fused.
- Magnetic compass, illuminated, flush fitted into console top. (as per LSA code requirements)
- Battery charger c/w maintenance feature and waterproof cable. 25’ extension cord and plug-in at console.
- VHF radio flush fitted to console c/w antennae on arch frame.
- Certified 10 gal (imp) removable fuel tank, baffled aluminum construction c/w shut-off valve.
- Fuel filter, “Raycor” – U.S.C.G approved.
Lifting: Balanced, certified lifting sling with attachment bases on boat. Sling will be balanced to boat and load certified (4 legged single point lift). (Note: Release hook is part of davit and not supplied)
Ancillary Equipment (minimum required)
- Floating Bucket
- Sea Anchor
- Sea Anchor Line (min. 10m)
- Flashlight w/extra bulbs & batteries
- Throw Line / Quoits (2)
- Search Light, hand held
- Thermal Protection Suit (2)
- Boat Hook
- Knife, Floating
- Bailing Sponge (2)
- Tow line (Poly. 1/2” x 165’)
- Painter (1/2” x 50’) & Toggle (2)
- Air Horn, hand held
- Scott Whistle
- First Aid Kit (waterproof)
- Ancillary Kit Bag for storage of items listed above
- Stainless steel propeller guard (installed)