At the time of purchase, you will receive a warranty package that includes instructions for the proper care of your boat. Please read and follow these instructions to ensure the long life of your boat
During Boating Season
- Keep your boat clean and free of debris and grime.
- Check the bottom regularly to make sure there is no excessive build up of marine life.
- UV Rays – minimal concern for Hypalon® boats. For added protection over time, we recommend applying AeroSpace 303 Protectant® after a thorough wash and try. (Best practice – two or three thin coats, allowing each coat to dry thoroughly before adding the next.)
- Dealing with fuel spills – fuel won’t damage the fabric of your Inflatable Boat, however, we suggest you clean up fuel spills promptly if they should occur.
- Exhaust fumes – to keep your boat clean, if using a davit system or storing on board, it is optimal that you position your Inflatable boat so that it will not be subjected directly to exhaust fumes.
End of Season
- Wash your entire boat with warm soapy water or a boat wash product that is approved for use on Hypalon® fabric.
- Allow the boat and accessories to dry thoroughly.
- Store your boat in a dry location.
- If you are using a boat cover and storing the boat outdoors ensure that the cover leaves room for air circulation. If the cannot circulate around the tube mold and mildew can grow on the tube.
- It is not necessary to deflate the tubes for winter storage.
- It is not necessary to store your boat in a heated area.
- Never use any product that contains silicone on your inflatable boat (such as “Armor All®”). Applying silicone to your boat will make it extremely difficult in the future to apply a patch to your inflatable boat should it ever need repair. Even years later it will be difficult to successfully apply a patch.
- Do not use any product on your inflatable boat that is not approved for use on the fabric that your boat is made from.