At Polaris, we respect your privacy. That is why we have developed the Polaris Privacy Code of which the objective is to specify Polaris’s guidelines for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
The Polaris Privacy Code was developed to comply with the relevant portions of the Personal information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). We have drafted the Polaris Privacy Code to facilitate our compliance with this new legislation and to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your personal information.
We have also developed the Polaris Privacy Protection Pledge. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information. We also want to make certain that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
The following is a brief synopsis of our privacy practices:
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a Polaris client, we may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- Completion of invoices
- Collection and submission of taxes such as GST, PST on behalf of the client
- Completion of customs/export documentation on behalf of the client
- Registration of product warranty
If you are a Polaris staff member, we may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- Completion of TD1 forms as required by government
- Completion of T4 forms as required by the government
- Payment of wages
- Completion of WCB forms, employment insurance or other employment-related forms.
- When do we disclose personal information?
It has always been and will continue to be standard practice at Polaris to not supply ANY information about an employee or client to any other person or agency without the employee or client’s express permission. If information is being requested about a client or a staff member we will make every attempt to contact you to advise you of the request.
Information will be supplied only if the request is to clarify or supply backup documentation for a submission already made. For example, if employment insurance is confirming information already submitted to them on an ROE form.
Polaris may, in an emergency situation, disclose personal information to the RCMP or emergency medical personnel.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, Polaris:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above.
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards such as a monitored security alarm on the premises, a computer containing personal information not connected to the internet, all computers have passwords and any paper that contains sensitive information is shredded.
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above
- will honor any request you may make for access to your personal information.
If you have any concerns or questions with regard to personal information privacy provided by Polaris, please direct your questions to Janet Apps, Privacy Officer at 1 – 604 534 5585 or email at email@example.com